It is a good thing that Brazilian wigs often have bundles with closure and this is one of the reasons why they're popular among African-American women. However, you need to learn how to style your Brazilian wig and take good care of your human hair if you want to their maximum value. These tips will help you.
What Is The Best Way To Style A Brazilian Hair Extension?
It is a lot easier than many people realize. You can achieve a perfectly styled Brazilian wig by following these easy steps!
- If your wig has a lace front, the lace is likely pre-cut, but if it doesn't, you'll need to cut the lace yourself. You will require a strong hand, a pair of scissors, and a lot of perseverance for this delicate procedure. All around the front and sides, cut away about one-quarter of an inch.
- The best way to avoid jagged edges is to cut with long, fluid movements of the scissor. Cutting too much lace will ruin the Brazilian wig, so it's best to do it in small sections rather than all at once.
- Hairstylists often suggest that you follow the hard parting they cut into your hair and use a wide-tooth comb to create a part on the opposite side. Put the wig on your head and determine where you want to part the hair if you aren't working with a hairstylist. Take your time and make sure it's in the right place before you make a final decision.
- If you're wearing a wig for an extended period, you must know how to style it before putting it on correctly. Whether you prefer it or not, styling a wet wig is much simpler. For styles like roller sets, the best styling method is damp styling. Styling foams and serums are typically used on damp hair to smooth out the hair. Keep in mind to be tender when handling the wig's bonds, as you don't want to put any strain on them.
- To dry the Brazilian wig, use a washcloth to blot the hair softly. You can use a blow dryer, twirling metal, or straightening iron on low heat only to recreate this look on your human hair wig, or you can use electric rollers on moderate flame.
- If you want to give your wig a natural shine, try applying a shine serum to the hair. Your wig will last longer if you follow these instructions.
Care Tips for Brazilian Wigs
The first step is to use a special shampoo, conditioner, and hair comb.
Because regular shampoo and conditioners contain many chemicals that can harm the texture of your wig's hair, especially if it's synthetic, you should only use products specifically designed for cleaning wigs.
It's important to note that washing your hair and wig are two completely separate processes. To remove shampoo or conditioner from a wig, first, soak it in water and then comb it out (with your wig comb). You should thoroughly rinse the wig with warm water to remove all the product. Brush it out and air dry once the wig is free of knots. Do not rub or massage the wig when cleaning it; a simple comb will do!
Ask a Pro
To get your Brazilian wig styled by a professional, take it to one of the many salons specializing in wig care and styling. If you cut your wig's hair, it won't grow back, and if you use too much heat, it won't unmelt! So ask in a salon; you'll find many experts there who can assist you.